People in cars and at their computers have this strange idea.
When a child hides his eyes he believes he is hiding because he can't see his mother. When his mother is not in sight, he must be alone. BOO!
You people are smart enough to know what I'm getting at.
Anything shouted on a street corner is meant for all in earshot unless you have a mental deficiency.
When parents let their children wander the streets of the internet., they are allowing THE WORLD into their child's bedroom.
THE WORLD, AND ALL THAT THAT IMPLIES
Say what you will about raising a child. I haven't done it yet, but I'm certain I'm gonna want some control over what they are exposed to and when.
As far as corporations cybervetting; it would be foolish of them not to. It would be about as foolish as posting shots of yourself doing anything illegal. There are a lot of foolish people out there and I wouldn't want them to work for me and I wouldn't let them wander through my child's bedroom without my knowledge.
Corporations operate by a different set of rules. They don't do anything that won't benefit them. Charity is not free. Neither is PR
Here's the devil's hand you shake. Watch what the other tries to take. (NoMeansNo from the song: Life in Hell. It's an old 80s band. Canadian, ironically enough.)
That's life in the U.S.A. It's the bargain we've all made. (or did we?) I think we got a pretty good deal. Just go on the internet sometime. You'll see.
I suppose that's easy for me to say, having no online presence. Maybe people will eventually get the idea. The WORLD is watching.
I suppose that's easy for me to say, having no online presence. Maybe people will eventually get the idea. The WORLD is watching.
No comments:
Post a Comment